Friday 3 January 2014

Beauty Talk: My makeup must haves!


Beauty Talk

It's not often that I write a beauty post, but when I do get a chance to do so, I prefer to write about particular beauty/makeup products that I personally endorse. With a humungous variety of makeup products readily available, it can be become a rather daunting experience searching for the right one! Whether it's the right foundation shade to the perfect lip colour, finding the correct shade that suits your skin tone and personal preferences requires expert advice!

Now I don't necessarily spend a ridiculous amount of money on beautifying products and with any product that I do purchase, I prefer to get the very most out of them! Make up for my skin is like paint for a blank canvas, and despite not revelling in designer skincare/makeup brands, I am nonetheless very particular about the types of makeup that are suitable for my skin. Over the years I have experimented with a range of brand names from L'oreal, Revlon and Maybelline, which has helped me identify with the best makeup products for me and my skin! Take a look...


As you can see, I'm not particular about utilising products from one brand name alone! I love such a range of makeup goodies, in which these above are by far my most used and loved beauty products! They suit my skin fabulously and really do give me that 'flawless' look that I've always wanted! 

In no particular order...

1. URBAN DECAY: NAKED 2 EYESHADOW PALETTE - £37.00

2. RIMMEL LONDON: MATCH PERFECTION IN SOFT BEIGE 200 - £6.99

3. L'OREAL PARIS: TELESCOPIC MASCARA BLACK - £10.99

4. SEPHORA: STILA STAY ALL DAY LIQUID EYE LINER - £12.00

5. BARE MINERALS: CHERRIES ON TOP LIPSTICK - £7.99

6. MAC: MINERALIZE BLUSH AND SHIMMER - £20.00

7. L'OREAL PARIS: LUMI MAGIQUE PRIMA - £9.99 


PRIMA FOR THE SKIN...
Priming the skin before applying any amount of colour or foundation to the skin works as a good base to minimise open pores and diminish blemishes. Using a good prima also serves as a defence mechanism, in which the foundation that is applied thereafter is not being spread directly on to your skin, but in fact above the base of a good prima. L'Oreal's Lumi Magique is a soft and supple prima that effortlessly glides onto the skin, and stays put the whole day!

GET THE RIGHT FOUNDATION SHADE AND STICK WITH IT...
Post applying a pea size amount of the prima, you are ready to apply your foundation. Both the product and the way in which you choose to apply the foundation is highly subjective, and whatever suggestions I may point out here are from my personal experience that have benefitted me. It is but obvious that you choose a foundation that closely matches your skin tone, and the great thing about Rimmel London's Match Perfection foundation is that it does exactly what it says on the bottle. Every time I wear this foundation I never feel like I am wearing an excessive amount. I simply apply a small spout to my hand that is then applied to a foundation brush to be buffed into my skin - it almost looks like I am not wearing any foundation at all. 


OPTIONAL EYESHADOW ALWAYS DOES THE TRICK...
Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2 is a staple for my eyes! I am still in love with a number of shades from this subtle palette and can't simply get enough of Snakebite, Pistol and Verve! While Urban Decay's Naked Palette 3 has recently been introduced, I found the shades somewhat similar to that of Naked 2. The nude based shades and light pigments enables one to wear eyeshadow on a day to day basis without looking over-glamorous! Even if you are looking to work the natural makeup look, Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow range is definitely for you! 

VOLUMINOUS LASHES THANKS TO MASCARA...
Completing the makeup look with precision, a little mascara goes a long way! Whether or not I choose to play up my eyes with eyeshadow or eyeliner, I never fail to brush up my eyelashes with L'Oreal's Telescopic mascara. Its delicate thin comb enables the mascara to work through each lash effortlessly, without clogging them up! It always gives me that 'wow' factor, and it's one makeup product my handbag is never without! It's a must have for any woman wanting extra length and voluminous lashes. You will never have to rely on artificial lashes again!

While you may not necessarily use the same makeup products as myself, I hope to have shared some beauty inspiration with some of my readers. Please do recommend any other beauty products that you have tried and tested yourself and I will definitely try them out and review them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment