Tuesday 10 December 2013

All time favourite beauty must haves - Xmas Edit

I've been meaning to blog about this for a while and given the colder days and nights we are all experiencing there couldn't be any better time to write about this! Taking care of your hair and skin is extremely important during the colder months of the year, and a serious lack of attention can lead to all sorts of skin and hair care blues! 

You're more than likely to have come across a familiar post or article somewhere or the other, but the number of women that continue to pay little attention to the benefits of beauty care is horrifying! I've listed down five products that I have personally endorsed to see me through the big freeze. Now majority of these beauty products I have in fact used on several occasions and they are products I cannot simply do without. One or two others, however, are fairly new products I have scouted from the high street, and are truly wonderful finds! Check out my exclusive review below: 


Fighting Winter Blues

The best of beauty care and expert advice...

(From left to right)


1. THE HUT.COM: MOROCCAN OIL HAIR TREATMENT - £32.00
I was first introduced to Moroccan Oil over a year ago when my hair was in desperate need of TLC! After using this moisturising hair product on a regular weekly basis throughout the winter, I can honestly say that it has worked wonders. During the colder months it's important to keep those brittle split ends at bay and tame those tresses with a much needed natural extract that can serve to revitalise the hair shaft and bring back the hairs natural shine! Moroccan Oil is a must purchase for any woman suffering from far too many 'bad hair days'. Use on weekly basis post washing your locks and you will see and feel a magnificent difference. 

2. THE HUT.COM: BURT'S BEES LIP GLOSS TUBE IN NECTAR NUDE - £7.99
Without fail, I am a victim of chapped lips in light of Christmas! I never seem to understand why, as I carry numerous lip-balms and glosses with me to keep my lips somewhat moisturised. But the true benefits of nurturing and reviving my chapped lips are with thanks to Burt's Bee's nectar nude lip-gloss. Burt's Bees is a brand-name I have grown up using it, and my lips cannot seriously do without them. Within a couple of hours of applying a pea-size amount of the gloss my lips feel truly nourished! The perks of using this tube is that it lasts forever! I've had my tube for over six months now, and it continues to protect my luscious lips. A beauty product no handbag should be without.

3. SEPHORA.COM: SOAP AND GLORY HAND FOOD CREAM - £7.33
From chill blains to dry skin, keeping your hands soft and supple is extremely crucial. There is nothing worse than leaving your hands deprived of moisture and the longer you leave them in such ways, your dry skin woes exacerbates. I've been using Soap and Glory hand food cream for almost a year now and applying it every morning keeps my hands hydrated throughout the day. I don't necessarily feel like I need to apply the cream on my hands more than once a day, and it truly smells divine! Keeping my hands moisturised with Soap and Glory is hardly a chore. I do love this product.

4. HOUSE OF FRASER: CLARINS PERFECTING EYE-LIFTING SERUM - £37.00
While tea-bags and cooling cucumbers are believed to play a vital role in eradicating under-eye bags, Clarins perfecting serum not only works to help improve dark circles but clears away morning puffiness. I rarely get puffy eyes, but when my eyes are feeling rather tired and dreary I always use Clarins serum. I've only been using this product for roughly two months now and I've noticed a significant difference. I tend to use it every morning to bring back that much needed spring, but also have started applying it because I've finally realised the importance of protecting this particular area of the skin. Since the skin is incredibly thin under the eyes, extra attention is very much needed. Don't ignore the problem!

5. THE BODYSHOP: SEAWEED PORE CLEANSING EXFOLIATOR - £9.16
I absolutely adore the Seaweed collection at the Bodyshop and continue to use their products on a daily basis. The seaweed pore cleanser, however, remains on the essential list this Christmas! From dry skin to an oily tea zone, the harsh cold weather can do serious damage to the outer layer of the skin and can even clog up those pores with lethal bacteria. Exfoliating the skin every two days will always remove dead skin cells from the surface and serves to help you get through any weather mishaps. Protecting the skin by way of exfoliating has really helped me to create a real winter glow on my face and keep dry skin at bay. Given its a natural plant extract too, you can never go wrong! Make a regime out of it and radiate your way through Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment