Monday 10 March 2014

Spring, sun and splendour!

Yesterday, March 9th 2014, the weather was incredible! Ok, slight exaggeration, given the fact it hit a maximum high of 17 degrees here in South London! But, for me, that was in fact pure bliss! After blustering cold weather and storms taking over pretty much of January and February, it feels great to be finally heading out on a weekend to 'enjoy' the blossoming weather. Now, I know you don't want to exactly read a blog post about the weather (do you?), but since the weather was generously warm yesterday, I thought it would be worthwhile doing an outfit post?!

I very rarely have a chance to do one of these posts on here, because I'm either too busy working, or I don't have a good enough selfie...such is life! However, on this occasion, I managed to get myself snapped up and all ready in my outfit for the day, and hence thought it would be worthwhile sharing it with you all.  

From raiding my wardrobe for all things spring, I left the pastels for a warmer day post  March and decided to stick to crisp whites and denims for a polished casual look...

Selfie of the day - sunglass ready! 
Tinted sunglasses - River Island


Kensington Palace Gardens...blue skies! 

Afternoon at Hyde Park - Lido Restaurant

#OOTD - Red lace vest, sheer white sleeveless blouse,
denim blue skinny jeans, and ballerina animal print pumps

I chose to stick to denims for the day because it wasn't exactly boiling-hot enough to wear a pleated skirt or a pair of shorts! But casual blue denims look great for a brisk walking day out. Whilst I was pretty set in my mind about wearing these jeans, it did take me quite a while to decide what exactly I'd pair them with. I went from wearing a pastel cami-top with a chic denim jacket, a floral print top, which seemed a little too striking, to this minimalist casual sheer blouse looks - for an understated and tranquil look!

There is absolutely nothing over-powering or out of the box with this outfit, but its super comfy and simply stylish for a day out in the spring sun. I chose to wear a pop of red beneath my sleeveless boyfriend blouse because it goes fabulously well with blue jeans, and serves to bring in that minimal ounce of colour and freshness to the overall look. 

 Vibrant Red Vest - H&M 

I particularly love the lace detail! 
Minimal designs have a big impact when everything is put together!

This boyfriend blouse pictured below is such a great spring/summer overlay! Its sheer white colour makes it perfect for the weather, and its boyfriend oversize design enables it to be incredible free-flowing on the body - you do feel so liberated and comfortable! This white blouse can be paired with almost anything too, even a crop tee for the summer. I personally think its a must have for your wardrobe this season! 

 Simple button up sleeveless blouse - Topshop 

Free-flowing design, perfect in the heat! 
A really effective garment that can look great with almost anything.

Classic camel croc design ballerina flats.
Where comfort meets chic style!

I chose to finish off my look with a pair of these camel croc flats, mix and matching the neutrals shades together. I was originally contemplating whether it would be warm enough to wear a pair of sling-back flats, but I think I did the right thing of waiting to wear them for a warmer day! The pair I had chosen to wear yesterday were in fact the perfect choice for the day. From strolling around various parks throughout the day, I wanted to wear something that was super comfy and equally complimented my outfit. Neutral nudes and camel's are perfect for this weather, and enables you to play around more with your outfit, as opposed to putting all the attention on your feet!

I hope you all had a pleasant weekend too and enjoyed the weather in or out of London! Do share comments and pictures about what you wore too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment