Wednesday 12 March 2014

Topshop: I love you!

Yet another day of glorious weather...and I'm not complaining!

With the skies painted blue and the sun gleaming over the city, it's moments/days like these you just want to go out shopping! From finally re-arranging our wardrobes for spring/summer '14, and keeping all those autumnal clothes at bay...it really is a wonderful feeling!

On my way travelling home this evening, I took a little detour down Oxford Street! It was, of course, not originally planned...but then I realised my daily fashion fix was clearly over-due. (Any excuse.) 


...And there I was, in all my merriment and glory briskly walking down my all time favourite London shopping hotspot! Making the most of it, I went across all my typically favourite high street stores, in which Topshop certainly left me stunned! My love for pastels (as blogged about previously), was finally coming to life, and I actually had the chance to come across some really beautiful and original pieces...here's my pick of  a few! Check them out!


Alongside the pastels, big bold logo's and floral prints are definitely a hit this season! Topshop's SS14 collection really embraces the very dainty and feminine look with the classic midi A-line skirt and pencil skirt. It's all very hip and youthful, and the amalgamation of pastel colours and maximalist bright 'pop' colours are favourable for this season too. I particularly took this picture because the all time favourite drape around the shoulders is a yet again a very sensual look to wear. We last saw this with the boyfriend coat and all that autumnal layering, but layering is just as essential this season too.

 This gorgeous pastel yellow knit is so pretty for the spring, and I chose to add this on here because I absolutely love the intricate embellishments detailed around the shoulders. This jumper would look fabulous with a pair of denims or even a pair of duck-egg blue chino's. Love it!

I thought this skirt would look great for both the spring and summer, and can even be paired with a pair of black denier tights during the colder months of the year. I chose to add this because I love the box-square design, as opposed to a typical tartan skirt. It's great for a holiday getaway when paired with a crop tee! And the bright pink colour gives that fresh flash of colour to your wardrobe. 

 This winter was all about the fluffy knits, and the trend has definitely followed through to the spring too! I think this duck-egg blue fluffy knit is versatile enough to wear whatever the weather, and particularly great for the spring/summer given its cute cut off sleeves. I did, however, find the jumper in itself a little plain, and decided to pair this necklace with it to give it some overall warmth!

For that graceful afternoon out in Sloane Square to a plush bar in Soho, this vibrant orange lace midi-dress would look great for a spring day and evening out. The floral design and bright colour work extremely well together to create a very feminine and sensual spring/summer piece. It's definitely edgy and different, which is why it's displayed here! Pair it with a pair of sling-back ankle heels and a pair of floral drop earrings and thats the outfit ready! 

I wouldn't necessarily take this satchel bag around with me everywhere, but I think it's the perfect eye-candy for a casual day out to even a day out shopping. The colour is definitely one of my current favourites and I love the rose-gold detailing in the buckle and straps. It's a classic piece that should definitely be worn from time to time. I've always deemed it essential to change your arm-candy bags regularly. It's refreshing!




No comments:

Post a Comment