Thursday 3 April 2014

My latest beauty haul - 5 of the best: Spring Edit!

spring beauty edit

It's been a while since I last posted and I know there's no room for excuses either! But today, I've taken out some much needed time to write about all things that make you feel and look beautiful. From scented perfumes, a splash of lip colour to a truly bold & black mascara, I love, love, love shopping for all things beauty! So, here it is, after my recent trip shopping looking for all things makeup, I thought 'why not write a beauty post?' And here I am, sharing with you my very, very exciting beauty haul with five of the best spring/summer products.  

Being a beauty fanatic mean's I 'have' to talk about all the listed make-up products like a true professional! But, in no way am I an actual professional! I will, however, speak from my personal experience about each product...so let's get the ball rolling!

1. WE ALL LOVE A BIT OF MAC...

This gorgeous mineralise blush contains a gorgeous sheer shimmer, which is perfect for making the cheeks glow full effect! The SS14 beauty look is all about adding that bit of colour and shimmer to the face to give it some much needed warmth, and this MAC blush is perfect for the season. I very rarely apply too much, and prefer to use a big fluffy brush to create a natural glow. I would say its equally a blush as it is a highlight! Love, love, love this dewy product. 

 2. LUSH LIPS AND A DESIRABLE POUT...

So beyond the many lipsticks I have, this highly pigmented liquified lipstick did catch my attention. In a gorgeous bright coral/orange hue, Too Faced lipstick is the most apt shade to wear this season. I love wearing this shade throughout the day, and it really does stay put for hours! It does leave a glossy after-effect, which is not so appealing since I prefer a matte finish. However, given the colour and long-lasting wearability, I think it is quite a treat for the season. 

3. DAY TO NIGHT EYES FOR THE SPRING...


Now, I very rarely indulge in purchasing Clarins make up products, but this cute and compact eye shadow palette is a must have! Now, I trialled a little of the baby pink shimmer and champagne hue and I am seriously so, so, impressed with the long lasting results. My eyes appear so fresh and vibrant, and it's amazing since the colours are so light and subtle. After leaving the baby pink and champagne hue on throughout the day, I brighten up my eyes throughout the night with a little turtle green - it looks incredible!

4. LET YOUR NAILS YELL 'SUMMER' WITH LEIGHTON...

We all know Leighton Denny is an expert when it comes to nail care and nail colour, and to prove it, here I have Leighton's hottest spring/summer shade! I have been wearing this on my nails for the last week or so, and my hands appear so radiant, quirky and ready for the summer season! A highly pigmented primrose yellow, complete with a glossy shimmer finish, it's my must-have shade to wear! I think a pop of colour really works wonders, and my dainty hands are certainly getting all the attention!

5. NUDE IN A NUTSHELL - THE PERFECT SHADE FOR ALL...

Whether I apply this singularly, or on top of a bright lipstick shade, Max Factor's nude lipgloss is the perfect carry lipgloss on the go! You can never go wrong with a nude gloss and I absolutely love Max Factor's lipgloss range. I love that this gloss doesn't need to be applied several times and it smells divine too! What's there not to love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment