Wednesday 20 November 2013

Chunky cable knitwear and today's outfit!

The season of all things things knit, cosy and warm is upon us and the most essential garment no woman's wardrobe must be without is the all important cable knitted jumper/cardigan! They make the perfect over-garment to wrap you up and see you through these cold winter blues, and do indeed make a rather trendy statement!

This autumn, I am rather drawn to cable styled knitwear, where you can really appreciate the cross-stitching detail in every design. Cable knitwear not only serves the purpose of keeping you snug and warm but is an untimely and classic design that lives on as one of the most beautiful crafted designs in knitwear fashion! Have you got yours yet?

The best of Cable Knitwear

1. MANGO: RED CABLE KNITTED CARDIGAN - £22.00

2. TOPSHOP: CABLE KNITTED JUMPER BY BOUTIQUE - £87.00

3. MISS SELFRIDGE: FLUFFY CABLE KNITTED JUMPER - £27.00

4. RIVER ISLAND: DARK RED ARAN KNIT CARDIGAN - £38.00

5. TOPSHOP: CREAM KNITTED CABLE CARDIGAN - £60.00

6. MANGO: STRIPED CABLE KNIT CARDIGAN - £34.00 

My #OOTD and favourite cable knitted cardigan!


Keeping the cable knitwear trend alive, I chose to wear one of my all time favourite fluffy knitted cardigans for the day! It was hard to capture a snap of my whole outfit, since I'm not the perfect camera-selfie, but I am sharing with you a pic that depicts one preferable outfit style and another close-up of my essential chunky burgundy knit's! I do hope you take some inspiration! 


TOPSHOP: CAMEL STRETCH SLEEVELESS TEE

ASOS: DENIM BLUE JEGGINGS

WAREHOUSE: BURGUNDY CABLE KNITTED CARDIGAN

OFFICE - BURGUNDY PRETTY BOW COURT SHOES

RIVER ISLAND: LEOPARD PRINT AND CAMEL SCARF/EXTENDED GLOVES

 


Burgundy and camel are two colours that have been long associated with each other and work extremely well together for any style of outfit. I was originally contemplating whether to wear my mid heeled winter boots given the cold and blustery weather, but the pretty bow flats served to bring the whole outfit together that I simply couldn't resist. 

What I love most about this chunky cable knit is not only the textile design but the added detailing of the big buttons, adding more emphasis to the 'chunky-ness' of the knit. And the gorgeous cape design that hangs perfectly off the back of the shoulders makes it perfect to wear casually and formally! What's there not to love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment