Friday 1 November 2013

Dressed in Style for Halloween, Leicester Sq - Central London


Who Wore What

If you already know me, you'd know that I rarely ever partake in Halloween celebrations! I've never really dressed up for the night and going trick or treating seems like a long distant childhood memory. More than the 'supposedly' scary inhibitions of Halloween, I'm drawn to the magnificent  costumes, fashion statements and trends that the night brings with it. Whilst I've not dressed up in a fancy dress or revealed the dark side of me, I've captured some pictures of those individuals that were definitely dressed in style this Halloween. Walking through the bustling night-lit roads of Leicester Square, I came across hundreds of wild cats and wicked witches, here are some snap shots of the few that caught my fashionable attention. 


It's simple, minimalistic but chic and the whole understated Halloween look is what captured my attention. Wearing Topshop's very popular Halloween costume alternative - the skeleton bodycon dress, I thought the outfit was put together perfectly with a rebel leather jacket and pair of jet-black tights. Black is one of the best colours to work with throughout the year, including Halloween and working with the black and white palette is what makes this simplistic outfit a stylish Halloween outfit. I love the way the tresses have been styled too! Waves are equally glamorous as they are gaudy! 


You can never go wrong with hiring a costume of your choice, which is why these four opted to hire their favourite vampire and dare devil costumes for the night. As much as their outfits looked great, I was incredibly drawn to their makeup! All four represented something uniquely avant-garde with their makeup and the attention to detail is remarkable! From blood dripping fangs, a half masked ghoulish face to black smoked eyes amidst the square - they were all working the creative Halloween look! Gorgeously Gruesome!


How could I not possibly capture a witches hat on the night? No Halloween celebrations are complete without the ladies dressed as the wicked witch, but the various ways in which the modern witches costumes are becoming incredibly fashionable and stylised is paramount! Dressed in a cadbury purple lace corset, a netted skirt and knee high tights, this outfit needs no broom or other fancy accessory to make the costume complete. Whilst I love what she is wearing, the rough edged look to the hair is what really completes her overall look. On the right in an all black cat costume, it was the studded leather trousers that really caught my attention. I wouldn't mind owning a pair of them. 


How hot is this Halloween inspired gaudy black makeup look? Indeed, it's not typically Halloween designed makeup where cobwebs, spiders and blood dripping fangs are overtly obvious. But it's a fashionably unique design that I can see making catwalk trends. Halloween doesn't necessarily have to be scary and this dramatic eye makeup design proves that Halloween can be equally bold and beautiful. Keeping an understated outfit look, everything is played through with the dramatised eyes. Love it!


A spirited and colourful Halloween is what came to my mind when I spotted these two women getting ready to party! Without relying on costume hire, high-street fashion has been transformed into a stylishly chic and vibrant Halloween outfit! From a striped midi dress to the left and a black and white rock-chick look to the right, I was fascinated with the ways in which the women were dressed in style. Halloween can be quirky and fun, and this is the message being portrayed through the image! 

Whilst there were many more people dressed in the spirit of Halloween, thank you to all those that gave up a couple of seconds for a snap and joined in my blog! If you have anymore stylish Halloween makeup and outfit looks to share then please do send me your links! I hope you all had a fabulous evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment